Monday, August 18, 2008

Theobroma Chocolate Lounge - 1Utama


Actually I have spotted this place last week when we go shopping at 1Utama. What caught my attention is the Chocolate Fondue which I have long to have one of this one day. This place is called Theobroma Chocolate Lounge. For me, I consider this is a high class thing for me coz the thing there is not cheap. So once a while, maybe can go there to try something new which some is worth the price as all customers can relax on the leather tub chairs. It is so cosy and warm while you enjoy your meal. Once you stop nearby the entrance, you saw lots of colorful and shape of chocolates. All is nicely shown on in each tray on the counter. For all the pieces of chocolate , you can buy it as a gift which I think it will be wrapped in a elegant box and indeed nice and feel happy when you receive it.


Based on their name, I think their main menu is C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E. When I saw the menu, mostly all is look like desserts to me. They have variety of choices like waffles, sandwiches, croissants, pastries & those sweet beverages which the name look so interesting and I’m sure melts everyone‘s heart.

At that moments, we just wish to enjoy our tea time with something sweet and new. We have order 2 beverages which is i think it taste special and the Chocolate Fondue. Haha...the dessert which I wish to try it.


I have order Snow White Frappe (RM12.90) which is the Belgian White Chocolate drink. It is a white choc cold beverage with black chocolate shaving on top whereby the glass decorated with pretty swirl and I thought is just a design of the glass but the truth it is the real chocolate.


My bf have chosen the hot beverages which also a hot item at there which is the Belgian Chocolate with Mug ‘n’ Warmer. There are few taste to try from: Snow White; Fair Lady; Ms Coco; Sweet Heart, Snow White Mocha, etc…. Finally, he had chosen the Fair Lady (RM12.90). This drink really looks so special whereby the mug is heated with a small warmer. Inside warmer is actually a small candle to keep the drink warm as we drink it. I did try the Fair Lady and I felt it rich with milk and I think they did pour the chocolate “sauce” to mix with the milk. You can see the chocolate powder is sprinkle on top to make the drink more rich taste and so yummy.


Lastly, and not to say, the Chocolate Affair Fondue(RM25.90). Once it is served to table, I saw the slices of fruits: Strawberries; Starfruits; Oranges; Rose Apples (Jambu Air-in Malays) and some marshmallows in a square plate whereby the middle is a cup of rich and creamy chocolate with the candle in the warmer. I just started and pick a slice of strawberry and dip into the chocolate. My1st reaction is, suppose the strawberry is little sour but after dip with the warm chocolate, it like ”melt” aways the sour & you taste the sweetness of chocolate taste. And every bite, I taste every different of the fruits and it just so yummy and wish to eat more but somehow, eating too much chocolate really make u so full. My opinion on this dish, once the chocolate is really hot enough; please blow away the candle from the warmer to avoid the chocolate from becoming hard and dry out.

Overall, I’m very satisfied with their service and the meals served. My suggestion is if you really wanna try all this out, please make it in a group rather than 1 or 2 persons as the desserts really make you so full at the end. And if you really feel too sweet, you can get some plain water which you can get it nearby the counter and it is self- service and drink as much as you can.

For those chocolate & dessert lovers, i would love to recommend you this....


Theobroma Chocolate Lounge
1 Utama(New Wing)
Lot FK3, 1st Floor, Highstreet
Tel: 03-7725 0623







No comments: