Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vegetarian Yee Sang

This year I really got my very early “Yee Sang”…a vegetarian style. ”Yee Sang” literally means "raw fish" in Chinese. As you know, I really love to eat it. It is something like salad with some raw fish meat served during the Chinese New Year and mix with some sweet plum sauce and lemon juice. The dish is so colorful and so appetizing. Every year, my family and I almost eat as much as possible almost 2-3 times a week during the Chinese New Year.

After the “Yee Sang” is served, we will slowly hold our chopsticks and toss the “yee sang”- all the ingredients in the plate as high as possible and speak out our wishlist. Eg: hope career go smoothly, stay healthy, stay pretty, stay happy, earn more money and many more etc. This is really one of the traditions which I think is very happy moments whereby we can gather one family or a group of friends sitting together and having their nice dinner and enjoying tossing and laughing when they hear the wishlist…haha…

Im sure I will go for more “Yee Sang” coming this Chinese New Year. May the year 2009 bring more happiness to everyone…

Happy Chinese New Year & Gong Xi Fatt Chai

No comments: