Monday, June 8, 2009

Colorful Agar-agar


Erm...Actually i spotted this kind of agar-agar before. And i felt this agar-agar is really nice to see. Somehow it is not cheap and look not easy to do it. It actually takes 1-2 steps more to make it. So, i have decided to try it my own way to make this dessert for my family and bf.

Let see, at 1st i have make 2 different color layer of agar-agar (red + green). My mum dont like us to have too many coloring, so i just make the color light a bit...Lucky she still can accept it. Then i cut the both color of agar-agar in small pieces and pour it into a mould. Just to make sure the agar agar is colorful, i simply toss the cutted agar-agar so you can see both color is mixed up to create a nice contrast.

Then i start making the white layer agar-agar which i have used a can of sweet creamer and which we used to make tea/ coffee. Add in some water and no sugar since the creamer is already sweet. Put about 2-3Tbsp of agar- agar powder and pour into the mixed color cutted agar agar...You will see all the cutted agar agar is floating inside the white layer...

I have put into fridge for 1 day and the next day i cut it again and you can see the cutted colorful agar-agar is in between of the white layer. Yummy!!...I thought it will be too sweet as i hav put whole can of the sweet creamer but is actually not. My bro suggest me to put coconut milk next time but i think is not a good idea as the coconut milk is not so good to our health if taken too much.

1 comment:

Merilyn said...

mm, this looks so awsome, I definitely have to try it myself too.
Btw great blog :]