Monday, August 10, 2009

My Elephant Thai Restaurant

After sick for almost a week more, finally i be able to have a nice n truly big meal last weekend. You would never know, I have been food poisoning last 2 weeks and the continuous last week, i was in fever and cough. But lucky it is not H1N1. But when i cough a bit, everyone is looking at me like an alien already....No choice...

So to fill up my stomach, me and my friends is actually decided to try this Thai restaurant which got quite a good review from the internet. You would never know there is such a restaurant in the housing area there. eh..look like a few block of old flat and this cozy restaurant is located just below a block. haha...Most of my friends are suprised to see it when they reach and asked me how i got to here...If you have the GPS like one of my friends, then it will be a lot easier to search...

Okler, let get back to my food....here are the orders...those guys lazy to pick the order and just left me and my other friend to make the order. Lucky some of the dishes is quite nice and we also ask for recommendation. But pls take note, most of the dishes is quite standard(small) which just suit for a table of 4-5ppls. That time, we ordered few more choices as we have 9ppls who will be dining in....let's see:

Our drinks

Krachiap Cooler - Thai Roselle Herbal Tea - a Vitamin C Booster & Cholesterol buster...quite nice to drink and and good for my current health...need a lot of vitamin to maintain my good health back.

Thai Iced Coffee / Tea - erm, nothing much special.. simple iced coffee / tea...

Mango Mojito - quite refreshing drinks. But bottom of the drink look like passion fruit to me instead of mango...top is soda drink.....


Our foods

Gai Tod Gratiam Prik Thai - myElephant’s special deep fried chicken strips with Kaffir lime leaf, garlic and crushed Thai peppercone. This is the waiter's recommendation to us.. Good and we love it too...

Tom Som Fish - clear galangal-lemongrass-Lime Soup with Aromatic Thai Herbs. Nice to drink but some of us feel the soup is quite hot when taken after few scoop. The soup is really clear and not like those tom yam we have other side. Thats y it called tom som le.. this is my 1st time heard of this word. Inside the soup, there is star fruit, tomatoes, garlics, gingers and mushroom. Good to hav it while it is still hot.

Thai Green Curry Chicken - No worry as this is not spicy at all. But i feel it full of coconuts milk and very creamy.... But make sure dont ate some of those which look like a green peas...It bitter...haha..coz i accidentality ate it.

Khai Jiao Homok Egg Otak-otak - it is their special egg omelette with Fish Otak-Otak and some slices of tomatoes. Indeed a quite small portion. Lucky we all still taste a bite of it. But i dont able see any fish otak otak..who ate it?? lol...

Tauhu Tod Preow Wan - Deep-fried Tofu with Sweet & Sour Sauce. This dish look like sweet sour pork to me and the different is pork in exchange with tau fu and with some tomatoes, cucumbers and onions. This is dish thatwe do not like it so much.....We thought it would be like deep fried tafu with Thai Sauce...

Jungle Vegetable of the Day : Paku Pakis - I think this green vegetable is very nice to eat especially when it stir fry wit belacan or dried shrimp. I think KL do not have this so much. But my bf's hometown have a lot. I get to know this vegetable from their family and it juz breed by it own behind their house...haha...

Brown Rice - to fill up our stomach with all the dish above....



My Elephant Thai Restaurant
Block C-G4 Happy Mansion,
Jalan 17/13,
Section 17,
46400 Petaling Jaya
Reservation Tel: 010 220 1283

No comments: