Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hakka Pork Noodle

Oh yeah..my bf always keep saying his hometown Hakka Noodle is the most original..haha..But sometimes he would ask me to bring him to taste those Hakka Noodle in KL. To be honest, compare his hometown, Kuala Lipis and Kuala Lumpur...there are actually many differences...As im a KL ppl, we tend to love to try new foods and sometimes the food might be very different from the originality..At 1st i also not so ok with the food he recommended to me at his hometown because it is quite plain...They have only some minced meat , noodle and some spring onion..haha...Compare KL, mostly they will have some vegetable, with some fishball and many other ingrediants to attracts their customers.

I did brings my parents to taste their hometown Hakka noodle and they have the same reaction like me at first..But longer time, im used to it..hehe...For me, as long the food is nice and yummy, i dont mind the originality...hehe..

Lets get back to the story....so today i have bring my bf to taste a Hakka Noodle which has been open long long time ago. My 1st time eating this noodle is during the time i was in secondary...I think almost 10yrs i have not been eating there. The stall is located at a lorong Jalan Pudu and whenever i pass by there, there sure many people waiting for their noodle to be served on their table.

The noodle is quite nice which i like it with some minced pork, few sliced of sweet BBQ pork and some vegetables on top of the noodle. The will be a bowl of "wan tan" soup being served together. The noodle itself is actually plain and the the minced pork gravy add flavours to it...It is something like the "wan tan" noodle but this Hakka noodle is without the dark soy sauce being mixed together...

Erm, maybe it is slightly oily to me but overrall the taste is quite ok for me. The map location that i drawn myself(as below). Hope it might help you little. I used to call that place "Pudu - Wai Sek Kai" as during the night time, there are many food stalls being open there...

The Map

No comments: