Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chong Ko Mee - "Hakka Mee"

Finally I able to post few photos since after sometimes I been to Kuala Lipis, Pahang. To be honest, it is a small town but yet there is something simple but tasty mee to eat. Haha….This mee did introduce by “Astro AEC Ah Xian Ren Qing Wei”.. The stall located in the middle of the many shop-lots. It looks like a lorong to me. But there is just like so warm and friendly place to walk through. Many people love having their breakfast there.


What so special about this stall? This stall is called Chong Ko Mee Stall if not mistaken. Because the local people will always mention,” Let’s go to eat Chong Ko mee”…. The food they served looks simple. The most special is their mee. The mee is really tasty and chewy…should I say like this? Donno how to explain but is just nice. I think supposing it is a Hakka Mee and what makes many people love is because of the mee. The mee is handmade everyday. It not those yellowish mee like what we did have normally and it is not so oily.

How they serve the mee? I saw once, no matter dry or mee soup, it will be the same. Haha…no dark soy sauce and the soup also won’t cover the whole bowl of mee. It served with little bit soup so the mee wont look dry , some minced chicken and pinch of spring onions. So, it should be halal. Haha… But make sure you go there early. There is sometimes when I reach the stall around 930am, all the mee is sold out and left just those normal mee which look like wan tan mee.



Beside this, there is another stall, is selling Fried Kiew Tiew Mee. Haha…but special are they use the handmade mee by Chong Ko stall. It can be stir-fry with dark sauce or a sweet dark sauce with eggs and fresh clams. I taste the dark sauce and also sweet sauce…It just same tasty. Haha…But as u know, stir-fry sure little oily le. But no worry, once a while it won’t make you fat. Hey, I saw in TV show, they have “Clams Chop” but I never tasted it. Its like fried eggs with many clams.

One of their culture, for this both mee, they need to taste with their specially made from that town chilies sauce. The chilies sauce is not so spicy and it makes you feel like eating more. I saw them put a lot of this chilies sauce on their Hakka mee till reddish…haha…believe it. My bf is one of them….

Erm, I think once u reach the town near the Post office there, you can ask the local people about these 2 stalls and they will guide you. Just don’t worry, if really don’t like it, maybe you can try other such as Yong Tau Fu, Fried Dumpling, or curry mee or if you want, I heard they say those Malay stalls which sell rendang with nasi pulut also nice. And if you rich enough, you can go to a restaurant whereby there served very expensive steamed fish. Heard only the fish also costs about rm100-200++. I think is the King of the Fish. But maybe they worth for the price if the fish is fresh enough. Who want to treat me?? I sure try it… lol…

No comments: