Monday, November 8, 2010

Restaurant Dim Sum . Yum Cha

Last Friday was a public holiday. And due to my bf was working, so I dated my family member for breakfast. It is still early and my bro was in a good mood to wake up early since I told him that Im going to treat them for dim sum...

How we get to know this place? Is actually from those advertisement booklet which sent to each of our house. We saw the place looks new and decided to have a try. So, my bro is the "GPS" that day and driving to us to the place. The place is consider a new area whereby there are still many shoplots which is vacant.

The restaurant is slightly situated inside a serviced apartment. We make few u-turn then only able to find a banner which guide us to the restaurant. Fyi, there is a fee (RM3) to park inside the shoplots there...but the restaurant stated, if we are their customer and we show our car park ticket to them, we could redeem for 2 pcs of egg tart for free (make sure redeem it!!)...which quite equivalent to their ticket price...better than nothing, right?

Check the photos below:

The main entrance - nice and elegant

Interior - clean and newly decorated...the place looks spacious and nice

tea making area - the tea are self -service...each tea leaf is put on a big jar where customers pour the tea leaf on the pot and add in the hot water...

Few types of tea leaf available.....Fyi, my tea is FOC here...maybe is restaurant new opening, so the tea is free...

the antique tea cup..very nice ..

Siew Mai (RM4)

Har Gao (RM5.50)

Siew Long Bao (RM6.50)

Beancurd Roll (RM4)

Spare Ribs (RM5.50)

Glutinous Rice Chicken ( RM4)

Prawn Chee Cheung Fun (RM5)

Chicken Feet (RM4)

Steamed Beancurd (RM4)

Scallop Gao (RM5)

Taiwan Gyoza (RM5.50)

Char Siew Bao (RM3.60)

Nice food rite?? Feeling like you wanna go after this?? lol...

Ok....main point here..haha...just wanna share with you of my dining experiences there...super disappointed...I guess maybe is due to their way of taking orders. Suppose normal dim sum restaurant, there would be a trolley where all dim sum is drive along each table so customers can select the dim sum they want. No mess and for sure wont forget any orders...

But for this, their waitress will present the menu and they will take orders. Then the orders will pass to the food serving counter where all the food will served based on the list ...and the bad thing came into our table. The waitress forget to pass the orders or how and then our order is left on the food serving counter and weird thing like no people noticed it.We waited for our orders(1st round -6 plates of dim sum) for about 1/2 hours...after that,suddenly all the dim sum is served. Anyway, we are very hungry that time and dont want to think / ask more... To be honest, the food there is fresh and all the prawn given is big too.

Then suddenly we heard customers shouting for ordering or how...I can see, that time, the place is start to fill with customers and waiting for ordering...Then some waitress is waiting at the food serving counter waiting for the food to finish steamed / cooked etc.....This is the time where everything start to get mess...Maybe the restaurant is still newly open and those staff is not so familiar with working style, and the kitchen unable to cope with too much orders...so they will be some delay etc...

Then after our 1st round, we called for menu to make 2nd order....we ordered 5 plates. and waited .....this time, worst....once again forget our orders....My face totally turn bad....and keep looking at the food serving counter...once again, we waited for 1/2 hours....then only they realized our order and slowly served our table....and the last dish served 15min after other dim sum...

The end, I totally dont have the mood for any more orders and once the last dim sum served, I directly told them, please get the bills now...I dont want to wait anymore...Yeah, I know their restaurant is just open not long but dont have to be that kind of lousy service. One thing also, many customers has a miscommunication on the car park fees too. Anyway, I spent 3 hours at there just to have those few dim sum....

Ok...my last comment....the food there is quite good actually...My bro who is so choosy also think the food there is not bad...But the service is just making you fed up only...Will I be going for 2nd time?? Maybe....but will try to reach there early and avoid peak hours so I can enjoy the foods there without forgetting my orders...But I worry if I bring my bf to there....he dislike waiting too long...haha...

That's all for here...if you ever been there, do share your experience with me....haha...

Map Location

Restaurant Dim Sum . Yum Cha
Kuchai Avenue, Block KA2,
Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park,
Off Jalan Kuchai Lama,
58200 Kuala Lumpur

No comments: