Monday, September 20, 2010

Food at Melaka - Day Trip

Last Friday, I had went to Melaka for a day trip. One of my friend is off that day and is following me and my bf for a food searching in Melaka. To be honest, the whole trip is about eating . The time is not so rush but we just try to fully utilise our time with the food we want to have at there...

We started to take off around 11am after our breakfast at Old Town White Coffee....we had some simple meal and proceed with out journey...The weather is cold because it is raining in the morning. We reached Melaka Town around 1pm. And we begin to search for our lunch meal. But before that, we decided to have a quite dessert....which is Cendol...

Cendol @ Jonker 88 - The thing I missed there is the cendol.. they spread a lot of thick gula melaka on it which make this so tasty....I wish to have a 2nd bowl of this but my stomach just cant add it anymore...dono when I can have it again...

Suppose we thought to have chicken rice ball at the restaurant beside the bridge(which always long Q and never taste before)...but then, when we reached there, the boss say their chicken already sold out...haiirs...not a lucky day for us...But it will not make us gives up....and we continue to search for Nyonya Food...

So here we are at Nancy's Kitchen Restaurant ...

Popiah (RM3) - erm, the boss recomended us this but i felt that the popiah skin is slightly thick due to few slice of skin has been wrapped together...It it slightly not what we expected......I think I ate a popiah at Melaka before...and it is located nearby the Jonker Walk ....It is tasty and even with just some simple ingrediant...

As for your main course, we have 3 small little dishes to fill up stomach....

Top to Left : Fried Egg Cincaluk(RM6)- This is the 1st time I ate this...hehe..and Im like it very much...cincaluk is actually preserved shrimp. it is like fried egg with dried shrimp but with cincaluk, it is more soft and smooth...Four Angle Bean (RM8) - the four angle bean stir fry with spicy belacan and small prawn...Steamed Otak Otak (RM10) - we used to see otak otak being grilled and wrapped inside banana leaf ...But for this, the portion is quite big, whereby it is steamed (i guess) and a lime is served together to spread onto the otak otak to avoid any "fishy smell"..this is delicious even I seldom eat it....the texture of the otak otak is smooth and soft...

Next station....haha...Nadeje Cafe which another food which available at Melaka only....Yes, they are famous for their mille crepe and after my 1st visit, Im so in love with this mille crepe...Guess it would be slightly fattening but I cant care much....haha...And my friend never tasted this before even she did went to Melaka for few times..So here, I must bring her to try it...
We reached there around 3pm and the cafe is slightly packed with customers. We able to get a seat and begin to look for the mille crepe...

Cake of the day : Mango Yogurt Mille Crepe (RM9) - some sweet mango flesh is spread on top of the mille crepe...the cake is slightly sweet compare the original flavour..

Total we had ordered 3 slices of mille crepe : Tiramisu (RM8.50) , Original Slice (RM8.50) , Mango Yogurt (RM9)....I wish to eat another slice but stomach not allow...Somemore I guess if I bring back to KL, the mille crepe might be melted slightly and taste will be so so already...

Our tea - Rose & Marigold (RM9)....available for 2 person....a tea which for relaxation...and good to have it when you have finish a full meal...

After all this, we proceed back to Jonker Street so my friend can get some biscuits for herself and we headed back to KL....and guess what, we have porridge in PJ ....and ended the whole trip....

A day full of foods....lol

No comments: